Sunday, October 10, 2010

Nazi Zombies



Dead Snow is a movie about nazi zombies in the snow. If you're like me, that's all you need to hear before running to the computer and putting it at the top of your Netflix queue. If you liked Shaun of the Dead, you'll definitely like this movie too. It's funny, gross, scary, over-the-top, and totally implausible, everything that a good zombie movie should be. And it's Norwegian, which makes it extra fun (unless you hate reading subtitles). I thought it was fun to hear what Norwegian sounds like, especially with all the English phrases that they use (like, "Beer!").

I think pacing is important in a movie like this--the creepiness should build slowly, before all hell breaks loose--and Dead Snow has excellent dramatic pacing.

Happy Halloween!

4 comments:

  1. What about mummies? Have you seen Bubba Ho-Tep. It's both funny AND poignant. Think aging Elvis, Black JFK, and a mummy. Fun! Go Senior Power!

    Happy Halloween to you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW, you received a Versatile Blogger Award on my blog PhillyCollector. I don't always get to all the blogs I enjoy, but I wanted to acknowledge yours as being one of them.

    Many more posts to come, I wish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Dana! That's so awesome!

    Thanks for reading! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're welcome, Beebo! My pleasure to read your blog.

    ReplyDelete