Tuesday, May 11, 2010

OMG, MIA









I don't know a whole lot about the singer MIA. I know that the song she recorded for the movie Slumdog Millionaire was awesome, and that she recently had a baby and named it something weird, as celebrities will do. Can't remember the name off the top of my head, though.

Clearly, MIA is someone not totally on my radar, the way Posh Spice and Lady Gaga and Amy Winehouse are. However, my admiration of her pretty much skyrocketed when I saw her in this amazing dress!! Anyone who wears a shark dress to a fashion event (or really, any event) is okay in my book. I agree with these comments too:

"Anyway, here she is a few days ago at a Jimmy Choo for H&M event, wearing a shark dress. And sure it's not something any other woman on this planet is likely to wear, but that’s old news when it comes to MIA, so whatever. The interesting thing is…she’s a new mommy. And when you were a child, wouldn’t it have been so amazing if your mother ran around looking like this."

Also pictured: shark dress on the runway and SHARK HIGH HEELS!

2 comments:

  1. You might have to settle for some shark socks:

    http://bike.com/itemdesc.asp?Ic=95816

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are cute...but they lack the sartorial bite of the dress!

    ReplyDelete