Friday, April 23, 2010

Elijah Wood Is Cool

Lovable actor Elijah Wood has gone and made himself even more lovable. How does he do it??:

Elijah Wood, the actor most known for his role as Frodo in Lord of the Rings arrived in Chile on Tuesday by invitation of Jorge Yarur, the founder of the Yarur Bascuñán Foundation; an organisation that supports abandoned pets.

Wood and Yarur began their tour this morning on Canal 13’s show Viva la Mañana. The actor confessed that, “I am interested in Jorge’s organization. I’m interested in getting involved, because I love animals. I have three dogs, and grew up with dogs and cats.”

Today he will travel to Curepto in the VI Region with the First Lady, Cecilia Morel, to view the damage from the earthquake. Curepto was one of the harder hit areas and many people and animals there are still suffering from the affects of the earthquake.

When asked what drew him to the Yarur Bascuñán Foundation Wood replied; “It’s just a humanitarian act. I like the initiative. As a human being I am interested in the welfare of animals and people. There are many dogs in the streets that are without protection. This is the first foundation I have participated in.”

Wood is in Chile until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment