Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Flat Reading

Are you looking for something engrossing to read? Do you like flat reading material so that you can easily eat lunch and read simultaneously?

Then I have some fun news for you. If you haven't already read the series of articles recently published in Vanity Fair entitled "The Madoff Chronicles," I highly recommend that you check it out. Vanity Fair helpfully provides links to each article--with all the photos included--here:


I was afraid they'd try to make it "subscription only" but they were cool and didn't do that. You don't even have to register for a free subscription. The articles are very long but fascinating.

This series of articles was originally recommended to me by my dental hygenist, Debbie, at my last appointment. While cleaning my teeth, Debbie told me she was hooked on the series and couldn't wait for her next issue of Vanity Fair to arrive every month so that she could read the latest installment. "Who knew? Did the wife know? Did the kids know? Did the secretary know?? I have to find out!" said Debbie.

She was also addictively reading the Twilight series. She giggled when she accidentally revealed to me her hardcover copy of New Moon stashed away like contraband (she was looking for floss). Clearly, Debbie likes a good suspense story.

Photo of Eleanor Squillari, Bernie Madoff's longtime secretary.

3 comments: