Wednesday, August 26, 2009

The Most Oldest Burger

I'm not gonna lie: I love Orange King. It's hands down the best place in the U. District to grab a quick, cheap, but tasty cheeseburger and fries. And it's a Seattle institution (more on that in a moment).

Recently, they remodeled. Their new sign is great. It's bold and it's big and it's orange! Who could argue with that?

Plus, they kept the charmingly weird cheap sign offering a "Ham burger" which I would definitely miss if it were gone...















However, I think this new sign calls for a re-do. I don't even have a problem with the grammar, because I think incorrect signs can sometimes be cute (see "Ham burger" above). And I totally get their pride...Successfully running a business for over 30 years is definitely something to brag about.

I just think there must be a better way to phrase this:

6 comments:

  1. I'm glad you've finally taken over the camera! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! It was my New Year's Resolution to learn how to use it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was going to ask how you got this picture on here! What's next, a cell phone?

    Why do I not remember this place? Where is it? Maybe it was just invisible to me because I don't eat ham burgers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahha! It's kind of a hole-in-the-wall place...but if you look closely at that weird sign, it reads: "THE MOST OLDEST BURGER SHOP in seattle area SINCE 1975."

    The "in seattle area" part is in smaller letters...so maybe it wasn't in that location?

    It's on the side street right in between the Ave. and campus, and it's right across from Magus Books (facing it).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it was always there, but the Orange King sign is newer--they used to have some 70s-era sign from (I'm assuming) well before the teriyaki era. I wonder if they offered Orange Julius-type drinks then?

    ReplyDelete
  6. That would explain the name! I didn't think of eating there for years, because I think I assumed it was some kind of Orange Julius weird juice place.

    ReplyDelete