Friday, September 18, 2009

Chocolate Pecan Pie

I made chocolate pecan pie for the first time the other night, and now I can't believe I never got around to making it before! It was sooooo delicious. It's surprising how the little addition of chocolate adds such a big boost of flavor.

I recommend using a store-bought frozen pie crust for this recipe, really only because the recipe is so quick and easy, you won't believe it...and a frozen pie crust just makes it that much easier.

This recipe from one of my favorite cookbooks, The Clueless Baker by Evelyn Raab:

Preheat to 350. Melt 1/4 cup butter with 4 squares (or 4 ounces) semisweet chocolate. Mix 1 cup Karo syrup (light or dark--I usually use dark) with 2/3 cup sugar, 3 eggs (lightly beaten), 1 teaspoon vanilla, and the butter/chocolate mixture. Mix until slightly thickened (2 to 3 minutes). Stir in 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans (I added 1/2 cup more than this). Pour into frozen pie crust and cook for 55-60 minutes, or until a knife poked into the center comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment