Sunday, January 3, 2010

Books I Am Reading


You know how, every now and then, you get in one of those moods where you are reading a few books at the same time, switching on and off between them? Currently, I am multi-reading. The books are:

Flow My Tears, the Policeman Said, by Philip K. Dick. This is actually an old favorite that I am re-reading.

A Private Disgrace: Lizzie Borden by Daylight, by Victoria Lincoln. Published in 1967, the author was a toddler in Fall River during the time that Lizzie Borden lived there. She actually knew Lizzie as a neighbor and spoke to her on occasion. Her book offers some how's and why's as to the murders (of which she believes Lizzie to be guilty).

High On Arrival, by Mackenzie Phillips. If you are looking for a page-turner, this book is definitely one. Mackenzie had a pretty crazy upbringing and life (plus a skilled ghost-writer). Her father, "Papa John" Phillips, was truly a douchebag of the highest (or lowest?) order. She tells her story with equal love of and disappointment in her father--but reading this, I just flat-out loathe him.

Coming Up for Air, by George Orwell. This is one that Guy bought for me and recommended.

What have YOU been reading?

1 comment:

  1. I'm still reading Phineas Finn! But you knew that. I wonder what Beebo's *other* readers are reading?

    ReplyDelete