Thursday, January 7, 2010

"You never really get the mouse perspective, do you?"

What happens when a total smart-ass somehow lands a job on late-night QVC hawking pointless twee crap to middle Americans? Mike Rowe is the hilarious answer to that question. I was sadly unaware of Mike in the 1990s, but thanks to the magic of YouTube, I can enjoy Mike's wild babbling anytime.

I love his loopy stream-of-consciousness, inappropriate references and thinly-veiled contempt for the products he is selling. Mike has now achieved a measure of fame for his popular TV show Dirty Jobs, in which he seeks out the weirdest, messiest jobs he can find and tries them on for size. While it's a pretty good show, the "dirty jobs" still aren't as funny as this one!:


2 comments:

  1. I think that's when he was at his peak!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do too!!

    "Dirty Jobs" is informative and interesting, but not as funny as I wanted it to be.

    ReplyDelete