Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Brussel Sprouts

A work pal of mine said she made this for her family at Thanksgiving and, while everyone initially was repulsed at thought of brussel sprouts, they all ended up really liking it.

I asked her for the recipe because my mom actually loves brussel sprouts, and I've been looking for a good recipe so that I could make them for her sometime. It's from Body & Soul magazine:

Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Pears & Thyme

2 pounds brussel sprouts, trimmed and halved

2 red Bartlett pears, cored and cut into wedges (I used local green pears)

6 shallots, quartered (I used regular sliced onions)

10 fresh thyme sprigs

3 tablespoons olive oil

sea salt & ground pepper

2 tablespoons lemon juice (I used apple cider vinegar)

Preheat oven to 425. On two large rimmed baking sheets, toss Brussel sprouts, pears, shallots, thyme, and oil; season with salt and pepper.

Roast until Brussel sprouts are tender and browned, 30 to 35 minutes, rotating pans halfway through. Toss with lemon juice and serve warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment